Becausereading

Because reading :)

Because reading is better than real life...

Book Reader, Blogger, Reviewer, Lover of Fairytale Re-tellings, Middle Grade & Young Adult. I am also a huge fan of all things make believe ;)

Less Than Humble Beginnings: Growing Roots Series: 1

Less Than Humble Beginnings (Growing Roots, #1) - Chelsea Falin The book is a Novella so its not to long I read it in about a day. But WOW I couldn't put the book down. The book centers around a young girl name Willie, her mom passes away, Willie and her sister Babette have to move in with her mom's estranged family but what she find is a culture she was unaware of, friends she never thought she would have and a life she always wanted. I completely love Willie she is such a strong character and as the book progresses she really grows. Her family and friends are amazing they are so well written and the story as a whole is heartwarming & realistic with just the right amount of romance. All the characters had such a "real" feel to them it was almost like I was in the story with them hanging out on the couch drinking a beer and laughing alone with them. This story with not a lot of pages but holds so much passion and culture and friendship in it. By the end of the book you will be wanting more!!!! Would I recommend it?Yes, yes, yes....just for the fact that it is such a heartwarming story and it makes you love all these people as if they are all your friends too :)